The back yard is mowed!! It took a bit to get my dad's mower started, but other than that everything went much smoother than I expected. It wasn't unbearably hot this morning and the cutting went quicker than I thought, with much fewer hangups, stallouts, etc. than I was expecting.
Which means that the Law of Mechanical Efficiency was out of balance. My car took care of that one. Meron and Benjamin were going to the grocery store when she tried to start my car and nothing happened. No click, no attempt to start, nothing. I'm guessing it's the battery, but of course, my car is one of those that you have to take it almost completely apart just to get to the battery, so I'll have to have it towed to a body shop tomorrow. At least there's one in town that's owned by a guy that used to go to my church.
Other than that, not a bad day. Got to watch a lot of the L&O marathon, with Benjamin asleep on me for about 2 1/2 hours of it this morning. Didn't do just a whole lot else besides playing with my son. The Gobble and Go Hippo's handle can fold down into a seat, so I put Benjamin on it and drove him around the room, which he found quite entertaining. We had a pretty good time together, at least from my point of view. He seemed to have a good time too, so we'll call it a success.
Back to work tomorrow. Hard to believe that September really is here and the next holiday will be Thanksgiving. I've heard that the Christmas lights are on sale around here now, which is a great thing. I love Christmas lights! If I get them all up and working this year, I'll post a picture of the house. We usually go all out in that regard. But there's still a ways to go and a lot of things to do before that comes around.
stayin alive
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment