I'm not sure if this is worth the time or energy, or if I'll actually have anything to say. Probably not, but heck, this was free, why not see what thoughts rattle in my head?
To answer the first question that might have come to your mind, why YNOT? YNOT is a game that I run on a couple of my baseball boards, Scout (formerly BaseballBoards and Fanhome) and CardsClubhouse. After this year, I'm going to focus on just the Clubhouse, because two games is wearing on me. Anyway, I ask 10 questions of various point values about the series the Cardinals are about to play. After the series I grade the scorecards and post the results. Everyone seems to have a great time with it, as this is the 4th year I've done it in at least one place. My YNOT page needs some updating, but since my office computer's hard drive was replaced, I've not found a nice easy web page editor to use. I was using Netscape Composer, but apparently they don't have that in the newer versions of the browser.
The Cardinals are running away with the NL Central, as most anyone with a paper or an Internet connection can find out. This weekend's series with the Cubs should be interesting--the rivalry always spruces up some games, even when the teams aren't evenly matched. The Cubs were supposed to be great again this year, but they're the Cubs--they aren't allowed to be great. Prior and Wood have dealt with injuries, which, coupled with an offense that seems to consist only of Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez, has the Cubs 13 games behind the Redbirds. Still, with Zambrano, Prior, Carpenter and Morris all going this weekend, there could be some low scoring games. And Sunday's game is ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball game, which is always fun.
Also this weekend, the two top NL MVP candidates butt heads, as Lee and Albert Pujols are on the same field. Pujols is absolutely amazing. Years from now, my son will tell his child about seeing Pujols play. Granted, Benjamin is just 8 months old now, but still, he'll get to see a lot of the great years of Pujols, since he shouldn't have even hit his prime yet and has put up the best start to a career in baseball history. It's always a treat to see him in the batter's box.
More later, perhaps, but this will get the blog started. Tonight is our church's Vacation Bible School wrapup, and my wife is the puppet, so Benjamin and I are going to watch. Always fun when you can spend time with the church family!
stayin alive
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment