Thursday, July 28, 2005

Closer Than You'd Think

The Cards played a pretty good ballgame last night, for the fact that they only got--let's see, one, two, three--they only got three freakin' hits?

Hey, you can't say freakin' in this blog!

Ah, it's all right. Nobody's reading anyway.

As I was saying, Marquis pitched a heck of a game last night. I don't think I'd have let him go back out there in the 9th with his pitch count, but if the full lineup had been out there, it's a good chance they'd have scored more than one run, even against Peavy. Hopefully there will be a better result this afternoon as Carpenter takes the mound, but the Cards have had some problems with day games this year, so you never know what to expect.

Rumors are still going around about the deadline this weekend. Seeming to gain the most traction is a deal for Matt Lawton from Pittsburgh. Wouldn't be a bad fit, as long as none of the top prospects (Reyes, Wainwright, Lambert) get sent in the deal. But there may be too much interest in him for the Cards to get him cheap.

Let's see, any other news? Well, I've started up a team blog. The idea behind it is to take some Scripture and get input on those on the blog team, plus anyone that wants to comment in the comment section. I've gotten a few people on board with the idea, and hopefully we can start next week with a passage for discussion.

Benjamin is still working on those top teeth. Nothing is showing yet, but it likely won't be much longer. Today's his last day at The Little Church--a Mother's Day Out-type program at my parents' church--but we're hoping he'll be able to get in for the fall, though he's fourth on the waiting list at the moment.

Probably won't be any blog entry tomorrow. (Yes, I can hear your groans of disappointment now. You'll just have to find another way to fall asleep!) I've got a continuing education class up in Fayetteville which will take all day. It'd also regularly be my poker night, but I think I'm skipping this week in part due to the travel. Plan on watching some Arrested Development tomorrow night on Fox while we tape the Sci-Fi shows. (Though the new Serenity trailer--otherwise known as the Firefly movie coming out in September--will be aired at the end of Firefly, so I'll be checking that out before hitting AD.)

No comments: