Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Lazy Sunday

Sunday's are always a fairly calm day around this household. 'Course, most of the day is taken up by church. Our church family is very important to us and we always enjoy the service if for that alone. (Benjamin also gets tons of attention, which he loves as well!) Being Methodists, we have our preachers rotate in and out every few years. We just got a new one a little over a month ago. It's the first time any preacher has been almost my age, since he's just about a year older than I am. Everyone raves over his sermons (which may also be because the last couple of preachers have been lacking somewhat in that area), but I've only gotten to hear his first one. It was very good, but it was a get-to-know-you type of sermon, so I'm anxious to hear him on more meatier topics. But ever since then I've been either helping in the nursery or teaching the older kids in Children's Church. I should get to hear the last of his three-part sermon series next week, however.

After church, the family and I came home and lounged around a little bit. The wife and I caught up on some of the Sci-Fi Friday shows that we had taped the last couple of weeks. We're trying not to be too lost on Stargate SG-1, even though we didn't see Seasons 7 and 8, and we also didn't see the mini-series or Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica, but we're trying it out as well. At least we're current on Stargate Atlantis, and if we're home next week, we're going to be sure to watch Firefly, even though we have that series on DVD. If you've not watched Firefly but are a sci-fi type person, try it out. It's different, but it's great stuff. And if you don't think so, well, "my days of not taking you seriously are definitely coming to a middle."

Then Benjamin and the wife took a nap while I tried to catch up some on Season 3 of Alias. I enjoy the show, but I'm always behind. I know Season 4 will be out soon, but I'm sure I won't get it watched in time to watch Season 5 as it unfolds. Plus my wife tells me we have to get Lost when it comes out. She loved it, but I didn't get to watch it while it was being aired.

Tough loss for the Cardinals yesterday. Pujols lining into a double play with the runner on second to end the game. If that ball goes about a foot either way, it's a game-tying single and who knows what happens then. Cards are up last I checked tonight after a great first inning off of Mark Prior, when they hit 3 HR. I didn't realize that was the first time Prior had ever given up back-to-back HR.

I actually saw Prior pitch the only Cards/Cubs game I've been to in person. It was a couple of years ago, and it was a heck of a game. The only run Prior gave up was an Albert Pujols HR in the 8th that tied the game. Unfortunately, the Cubs scored in the 9th and won it. Still, it was a very memorable game!

Another week of work starts up tomorrow. And my days of being under 30 are now almost into the single digits. Not that it's on my mind or anything!

No comments: