Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Surviving Armegeddon

Wow, it's so surprising that I'm writing this after yesterday's Doomsday. I mean, c'mon, talking about having to stretch. Yesterday was 6/6/06, with that 0 being the key thing. I mean, if it was 6/6/66, maybe you can make an argument, but it was either 660 or 606, neither of which seem to be that threatening, though 660 is important to Mr. Mays. Today's fun with numbers, courtesy of Paul Harvey: 1:23:45 6/7.

Speaking of biblical issues, our church's 50th anniversary went very well. We had 165 in church, which is probably around 50 more than normal. Saw some old faces (well, let's say former faces, they weren't all old!) and the picnic afterwards was great. Weather cooperated and everything. Too bad we can't do that every month!

Gabe said I should be out of therapy by the end of June, which will be great. Not that it's been a terrible thing (it's not been at all), but it'll be nice not to have to worry about going over there, breaking up the day, etc.

Next thing on the calendar is Father's Day, which should be fun. Last year's was great, of course, being that it was the first one, but with Benjamin a year older this year it should be even more special. My friend Wayne is having his first FD this year, so I send out congrats and the warning that you might keep a hankerchief nearby, just in case the air is contaminated and you get an irritant in your eye.

Actually, Meron is having a "saving the business" Tastefully Simple party on the day before Father's Day, so that technically is next up. You are supposed to sell $400 a quarter to keep your "license", as it were, but she got a waiver for the first quarter of the year due to my situation. We're inviting a lot of people to an "open house", which worked well last year, but if you are interested in helping out, click the link above. The prices may be a bit high, but the food is great and very easy to make. The Twisty Grahams are my personal favorite, though the apple cake mix and the Basalmic & Basil Dipping Oil are wonderful as well. And the Cinnamon Muffin Melts are great also, though only available during the summer.

OK, now I'm hungry. Time for lunch!

PS: I'm also kicking around the idea of reviving my old Southern League concept with a few changes. If you are interested in playing in a long term league with the opportunity to really build a team, let me know.

No comments: