Friday, June 30, 2006

Holiday Weekend

Can you really call it a holiday weekend when the holiday is on a Tuesday and you have to work Monday? Just wondering.

Things here are pretty normal. I go out on my first real audit of the year next week. It's been a while since I spent an extended amount of time out of the office, so it'll be an adjustment, but thankfully not a hard one. I'm not noticing any problems, and I can occasionally go without monitoring or even thinking about my walking. Not often, because it's still in that amazingly new state to me, but sometimes.

Looking forward to poker tonight. I've not played this month, but it's not like my performances this year were really worth talking about. In other words, I shouldn't be rusty. I'm about halfway through Caro's Book of Tells, and I've noted a few things in there, but I've got to be able to remember and apply what I've learned, which is not exactly a guarantee to happen. We'll see how it goes, but it should be fun no matter.

Benjamin is still just roaring along. The wife is picking him up a swing today to attach to our tree in the backyard. He should have a lot of fun with that. We still go out almost daily with the wiffle ball and bat. He even hit the ball yesterday! (Well, more that I hit the bat with the ball, but still......) We got our camera back and I need to upload some pictures so you can get a good look at him. He'll hit 20 months in a little over a week, which is just mindboggling to the both of us. He's also into planes (mainly helicopters) and trains, so my wife had to go out and buy him a little train set today. Personally, I can't wait until he's older and can get into either the Thomas the Tank Engine sets or the GeoTrax sets from Fisher Price. Dad's got to play too, you know!

My rotisserie team is biting the dust (7th overall) and I've gone with a youth movement, with an average age of probably 22 on my team. Tons of young pitchers are getting a tryout to see if any of them are worth keeping. I still am cursing the team that drafted Francisco Liriano before I did! That was going to be my first pick, but it was not to be.

My new league concept is gaining some ground slowly. I've sent out some invites to the league and it's looking like we'll have 6-7 teams, which is about where I wanted it to be. I'm working on the web presence and some other things to keep the league interesting year-round.

Have a great holiday!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Looking forward to new pics of the Benjamin!