Time and again I've thought, "I better do a blog entry today," and time and again I've forgotten to make it happen. I mean, I'm not like some people that take a couple months off, but it's still a sad state of affairs. I will try to do better.
Not that much is going on here. Meron's Tastefully Simple party went fairly well. We were hoping for a much better turnout, but it looks like she'll make her quarterly quota of sales and be able to stay with the company for another quarter. The one good thing about a small turnout--plenty of leftovers. I just finished up the Bacon Bacon and Howlin' Horseradish dips for lunch. I'm thinking about putting some of the Bacon Bacon mix into the ground turkey the next time we fix burgers.
Therapy has wrapped up, finally. Gabe said most of it should come back naturally and gave me an exercise to do to help work it back a little quicker. Very strange not to have to leave work early and work out for an hour. It's a good thing, though. One more step on the road to normality. I think I'm about to pass Deb.
Cards game last night was extremely atrocious, as they lost 20-1. I don't know if there's something wrong with Mark Mulder, but a physical ailment would be about the only thing that would make Cardinal Nation feel a little better. Otherwise, the guy has just lost it and we're in for a boatload of trouble. The good thing is that Anthony Reyes is coming back up, which should help give a little pop to a fairly beleaguered rotation. And if that doesn't do it, the fact that Pujols possibly could be back this weekend should revive some people as well!
I know you regular readers have been wondering to yourself, "It's summer, so where are all the mowing stories?" One of the benefits of being cooped up with a disease that keeps you from walking is that my parents hired someone to mow our lawn this summer, as well as a company to do weed killing, etc. The lawn looks tons better than it ever has, and I don't have to do anything about it! That's what I like to hear. I know I'll be back to it sometime, but I may just take this summer off if I can help it.
My rotisserie team has slipped back into 8th, which is even more indication that it's not my year. I'd do some selling off, but I don't have that much to deal and I wouldn't likely be able to keep much of what I got back. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it. I am getting excited about a new rotisserie project that I'll probably be e-mailing prospective owners about in the next week or so.
As far as I can tell, that's about it. I've not played poker in a while, skipping the last two for various reasons, but I hope to get to play next Friday. It'd be great to finish in the money, but I'm not counting on that at all. Benjamin is still doing well, still loving the baseball, so I must be doing something right. Anyway, I'll wrap it up here and hope to not take so long between entries, assuming anything interesting actually happens!
stayin alive
12 years ago


6 comments:
Almost two weeks without a blog? Shameful! Compairing yourself to "some people" doesn't cut you any slack.
Last summer's mowing stories were classic. I'm going to miss them.
Yeti & I have already talked about how we have missed Buddha's Dandelion Farm this year. It's just not right...
Papa
I need to have a long talk with our parents....your lawn stories are a classic.
Our parents? Is there something I don't know here?
Ooooo, I miss the cutting grass stories, too.
I for one am glad Daniel has cut his grass habit.
Post a Comment