Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Hate Off Days

The great thing about baseball is that almost every night there's a game for your favorite team. (I think I've mentioned before how I can't fathom how football fans deal with once-a-week.) Unfortunately, especially early in the season, there are those days that the Cards are off, as they were yesterday. Even after just a week, not having a game really throws me off. Thankfully this is the last one until April 20, so that means over a week of solid baseball, which is very, very good.

Cards opened the new Busch with a 6-4 win over the Brewers. Mark Mulder looked sharp (and cracked a homer to boot) and has started his campaign for a new contract, as he's a free agent at the end of the year. While I don't think the Cards should go overboard with length or dollars, I do think they need to make a concerted effort to resign him. I'm not sure I'd go over 3 years, but he's going to be very beneficial for a while yet.

Let's take a tour around my fantasy baseball teams. The main league, the Friends League, shows me 7 of 9 right now (love the up-to-date live scoring, even when it's not helping me much!) and that's not terribly unexpected. I need my pitching staff, with Santana being the big name, to step up some, but my runs and RBI are ridiculously weak. I'm not sure exactly where to start tinkering, but I think I'm going to have to soon.

Yahoo! leagues: The head-to-head Mod League has me 4 of 6 after losing a close battle with Obie's Thread-Lockers last week. Right now Hera's Hero and I are tied up this week. This league is going to be a lot of fun all the way around. Another head-to-head league from CCH is the Jack Buck League, where I'm 9 of 12, having lost last week's series against Chicksdigthelongball. I'm tied this week here as well, battling Last Place. The last head-to-head league is one I set up called Arkansas Baseball Classic. Only 6 teams here, and I'm in second after beating my brother's team 10-2 last week. The last Yahoo! league is the CCH traditional rotissiere version, which has me sitting 10th out of 13.

I'm also getting a points-based one up at MLB.com, if I can get enough teams. I need 12, and I only have 3 at the moment. If you are interested, post a comment down below and I'll get an invite to you.

I hope to get a new picture of Benjamin up soon. We've got some on the computer at the house, so I'll either update from there or bring them to the office and put them on my computer here.

No comments: