It's strange to be marking my "firsts" instead of Benjamin's. Then again, it's strange that Benjamin walks better and quicker than I did, but I digress.
Anyway, last night was the first time I drove my car since the end of December. I only went around the block, but it was enough to give me the confidence that I can probably do this, at least with minimal traffic. I plan on driving to the PPT game tonight, so we'll see how it goes. As Jon said when I told him that, "Be sure to take your cell phone."
Then, today, I went out of the office to work for the first time this year. I didn't drive--let's not push things--but being in a different environment didn't seem to cause any problems. These aren't major milestones by any stretch, but it does help get the feeling of normalcy back.
Therapy is still going well, and I can't remember if I've noted that I've been off my cane for the last couple of weeks or not. The walk is still not smooth and the left ankle can hurt from time to time, but on the whole, it's not too bad. Now if I can just get enough balance to swing the Wiffle ball bat out in the backyard before the summer heat comes........
Sitting in last in my keeper Rotisserie league. Made my first trade of the year today, giving up Jimmy Rollins (and getting rid of Rocco Baldelli and Jeff Mathis) for Johnny Damon (and picking up Yadier Molina and Hanley Ramirez). Not sure if it'll do much for the team, but having Baldelli sitting on my active roster while he was on the DL (due to league rules) wasn't helping either.
Cards and Cubs hook up again tonight for the beginning of a three-game series. After the Cubs sweep earlier this month, I heard about it from Ken and Jason of the PPT. Here's hoping Mr. Pujols crushes a couple of homers while we watch the game from the poker table tonight.
Not much planned for this weekend. We need to do a little housecleaning since Meron's friends Jody and Shawn will be in town Thursday for Taste of the Valley and our church's BBQ. (I'll explain that next week.) If Benjamin will let us do that, we'll probably clean enough room that one of them can actually use the guest bed!
Have a good weekend!
stayin alive
12 years ago


3 comments:
I think Hanley was a good pickup. I've considered him on a few occassions. And, thanks for the beating last week. :(
Glad to hear things are looking up for you. It is nice to hear that you are getting back to work and able to do some of those things again. How old is Benjamin already? I guess I have lost track. Levi is three and keeps us very busy here at home. What a joy children are though! I love to see the new things he is doing each and every day. Keep getting well. Prayers are with you.
Hey, Tylana!
Benjamin is getting close to 18 months. Levi is already 3? Wow, time does fly!
Post a Comment