Friday, April 14, 2006

Household Strife

Nothing of the bad kind, or even anything significant at all, but the Reds come into St. Louis this weekend. My wife, being an Ohioan and the daughter of a huge Reds fan, always teases me if the Reds are able to pull out a game from the Cardinals.

Surprisingly, the Reds come in tied for the top of the NL Central. So far, my continual drafting of Austin Kearns, expecting him to come through, has started paying some dividends. (Might as well, since few on my team are!) I've always said that the Reds' lineup is strong enough to play with anyone. If they get some pitching to go along with it, they'll be pretty dangerous.

Cards won 2 of 3 from the Brewers and could have had the sweep if Carlos Lee didn't pull back Juan Encarnacion's HR in the 10th inning. Izzy let up another big fly that lost a game, which has caused plenty of consternation in Cardinal nation. While I'm not wanting to throw him under the bus yet (especially because there are no other reliable options and it is very early), you hate to see your closer struggle like this. If he's still this erratic come beginning of May, then we've got problems.

Other than the beginning of baseball, not much is going on around here. I'm pretty much getting around without my cane now. I've not used it since Monday when I visited the hospital. I've still not gotten brave enough to go out to Wal-Mart, Kroger, Hastings, etc., but I'm feeling pretty good and the therapy is going well also.

Looking forward to the big Easter service on Sunday. We had our Maundy Thursday communion service last night and have a Good Friday service tonight. There's an Easter Egg hunt at the church on Saturday, so if we get back from my aunt and uncle's in time, Meron will probably take Benjamin down for it. I'm not sure exactly what he'll think of that, but it could be interesting.

Benjamin is doing great. I'm working on teaching him to say "Woo Pig Sooie" and "Albert Pujols". He got pretty close on Pujols a couple of days ago, so if those are his first real clear words, my wife will probably beat me over the head. Other than that, he's running around, playing and generally being a 17-month-old. He really does seem to be glad his dad is back around, though.

That's about it from this end!

2 comments:

BrewCards said...

Nothing wrong with "Albert Pujols" being your 1st words.

Hera said...

That whole significant other alliance to another team can cause some strife, can't it? ;)

And I think Benjamin's first word should be Willie.