Continuing the saga......
Went down to NLR yesterday for the doctor appointment. It's the first time I've ever been finished with an appointment before the time the appointment was to start. We got there about 9:50 and they helped me into the clinic. They took me straight back into the examination room and the doctor was there within a few minutes. She did a quick exam, seeing how I was doing, etc. She didn't realize how much I went downhill after seeing her, so she was concerned, but when I told her that I had improved since the IVIG that seemed to ease her mind.
She also suggested that I consider in-patient rehab. After talking it over with Gabe, we decided to go that route here at the hospital. I'm going in Sunday after church and will probably be there for 1-3 weeks, so I'm guessing I'll not be updating this blog during that time. I don't figure internet access is one of the amenities there!
My legs are getting stronger, though, so hopefully in the next week or so I'll be walking, even if it's with assistance. The neurologist said if I wasn't by the first of February, let them know and they'd start the process for more IVIG.
Everyone's still been great with food, cards and visits. I thank you all!
stayin alive
12 years ago


5 comments:
Oh, C. I'm so sorry....it sounds like it's for the best, though. We've got to figure out a way to get you a laptop! CCH can't run without you! :(
Just keep wiggling those toes!!
Glad to see you're getting some good professional care. Keep up the speedy recovery and we'll hear from you soon.
C-70, Just stumbled on to your blog. I had no idea you were going through all of the medical problems. My thoughts & prayers are with you. Get well soon!
Marty (Elite1)
Hey C70! Just one of your lowly fantasy league denizens checking in. I'm glad to hear you've got a plan and are focusing on getting your strength back. You'll need it to come back and deal with the mess we're leaving for you, Obie's letting us run amok in there. ;) You've got a lot of positive thoughts and prayers headed your way!
Post a Comment