Another day, but not much change.
Poker last night was fun, while I was there. Bobby and Jon came here, lugged my deadweight body into the wheelchair and into and out of the truck, and into Ken’s shed. I played pretty well, but after about 4 hours, I started getting extremely hot and nauseous. I tried sitting outside for a while, but I wasn’t getting better so they took me home early. Apparently that was just a bit too much for me, since when I got home and laid down, I got to feeling better. Still, it was great that the guys went so far out of their way to get me out of the house like that.
Today was actually a busy day around here. The phone rang a lot with people checking on me. The poker guys were especially checking in due to how I left the game last night. Then I contacted my friend Gabe, who owns River Valley Sports Medicine and Therapy here in town, to see if there were some exercises I could do while in bed. He came over for a while to show me a few things, and then came back over later to see if he could stand me up and move me some. He wanted me to get to walking, but my muscles are too weak for that now. Still, he said standing would be a pretty good thing if I could get someone to help me do that every day.
We are also going to have a nurse come in and check on me some in the weeks ahead, so the lady with that paperwork showed up as well. Then my parents brought dinner and my mom gave Benjamin his bath.
Other than that, not much going on here. Benjamin and I got a nap in, which is always great, and I’ve gotten some work done on the fantasy league I’m going to be running at the Clubhouse. The draft was supposed to be Monday, but since I’ve not been able to be around as much, we’ve moved it to Wednesday. Looking forward to getting some baseball discussion and drafting going!
stayin alive
12 years ago


4 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you got out the house for a bit. It might not of lasted as long as you liked, but I'm sure it helped. That nurse is a good idea, too. Keep resting up and getting better.
We are still thinking about ya. Looking forward to seeing you in "The Lounge" today. Dana is bringin in some Hot Wings and Pizza for Lunch!
Keep that fantasy League in order now! If you don't, you'll never hear the end of it.
I'm glad you got out for a bit, too. It's good for the mind. Rest and get better!
Doing my best, guys. Glad I have a league to start worrying about!
Post a Comment