Sunday was a great spring day here in Russellville. I put on my shorts and went out visiting a couple from church that hadn't been able to come in a few months and a fellow Promise Keeper that just had replacement knee surgery. Very comfortable and was really glad to see spring arrive.
Since I knew things were supposed to cool down, Sunday night (still shorts-clad) I plopped down in front of the computer and pulled up the Weather Channel site so I would have an idea what kind of pajamas to put on the kids. When it came up, I did a double take.
"Hey, babe?" I hollered into Meron.
"Yeah?"
"Did you know we are under a winter weather advisory?"
The absurdity of that, reading it while comfortably dressed for the spring, seemed immense. And the advisory said 2-3 inches of snow on Monday night/Tuesday? How was that going to stick?
Snow forecasts here are kinda like Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, etc. You don't believe it until you see it. Many times a snow forecast of inches of snow has been whittled down to a dusting or less before it gets to Russellville. Towns north and south of us can get it, but not us.
So when we went to bed last night, it appeared from the forecasts that we'd get 2-4 inches overnight. The roads should be warm enough not to impede traffic and maybe the kids would be out of school to play in it, maybe not.
I got up this morning at my usual time to look out. One of the times I was up during the night I'd looked out and seen some snow, so I knew we hadn't been entirely skipped over as we often are. I opened the back door and looked out the screen door.
More snow that I've seen since I've been married covered the ground. Snow came up to the back door. I looked out the front and saw the roads covered as well. According to one of the television stations, Russellville has 11 inches of snow. If that's true, I believe it's the biggest snow we've had since I was in fifth grade and we received 16 inches.
The batteries in the camera are low, but we'll steal them from someplace else to make sure we get pictures of the kids playing in it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to share some of those later!
Woohoo! Snow!
stayin alive
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment