Another birthday, another blog entry. 32 doesn't quite bring the self-reflection of 30, more the "yep, another year" attitude of 31. I will say my hope that the year of 31 was better than the year of 30 came to pass; no major illnesses and the birth of Sarah. I'd take that tradeoff any time.
What's really hard to grasp is that this is the third birthday I've blogged! Time really does fly when you are having fun. I'm guessing also that time has really drug for those of you having to read this stuff! But I do appreciate those that check in from time to time to see what's going on.
We're continuing to make the final preparations for our trip tomorrow. Meron's done a great job of getting lists made up, suitcases packed, etc. I've got the trip directions printed out (thank you, Google Maps!) because I don't navigate anywhere (past the Fayetteville-Little Rock corridor) without them. I'm one of those people that starts checking for the next turn on the directions about 20 minutes before it comes up and continually re-checks until we make it. Probably drives Meron crazy, since she's usually in charge of reading the directions off to me.
We also bought a prepaid cell phone to make sure we both had a cell phone in case we get split up (which we probably will at the zoo, especially) and I think I'm going to go the prepaid VISA route for most of our money, keeping the convenience of a debit/credit card with the knowledge we can't spend too much. I'm thinking except for gas and St. Louis, this shouldn't be a terribly expensive trip.
That said, please keep us in your prayers, because our trips to Ohio never seem to run smooth. When we used to fly up there, we always had trouble getting a rental car. Since we've started driving, obviously that issue is not valid, but we seem to have other troubles. Christmas 2004, the alternator went out on the car while we were up there, and then in June of 2005, the last time I actually went to Ohio, we had tire issues on the way back home. So traveling up there is never routine. I hope the surprise this time is that nothing happens!
Also, we won't have much, if any, internet access while we are up that way, so I don't expect there will be another blog entry until we return. Try to survive, OK? I'd think there will be pictures of Sarah with her grandparents and Benjamin under the Arch then, so check back somewhere around the 12th! Take care!
stayin alive
12 years ago


1 comment:
Have a wonderful and safe trip Shoptaw family. Sorry I won't be seeing you. (P.S. I do the same thing with directions-lol).
Post a Comment