I knew that I had gotten a little close on predicting things on my Cardinal blog recently, but I hate it when it carries over here. Remember when I said travel to Ohio always provided its challenges? Well, this year, they started before we even left the city.
My parents had insisted that we take their car to Ohio. That worked for us because the back seat was big enough for both car seats and Meron, so she could keep an eye on the kids, feed Sarah a bottle if necessary, etc. Everything was good to go, but the car was acting up a little bit, so Dad took it in to be serviced.
The car was supposed to return this morning, but apparently while the mechanics were putting everything back together, something broke in the transmission. This was something that, of course, they didn't have a part for, so it wouldn't be ready until tomorrow.
This, of course, put the proverbial spanner into the works. We thought we could take Meron's car if we had to, but the "service engine" light has been on since we got it, even though we've had it checked a couple of times. Finally, my parents, in their amazing generosity, decided they'd rent us a car for the week. The Enterprise here (which I called right after returning the PT Cruiser--my car should be ready Friday or so) didn't have a van, but the one down in Conway did.
So Meron and I packed up, ran some necessary errands (including getting my driver's license renewed) and finally left out of here around noon. Picked up the SUV (I think it's more of that than a van) and Meron drove it home.
Hopefully, that's the extent of our Ohio troubles this year. Hopefully.
stayin alive
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment