Friday, June 08, 2007

Pizza Pizza Everywhere

Jim's Razorback Pizza is new here in Russellville, though it's fairly well established in other parts of Arkansas, especially the Fayetteville area. I am pretty sure I had some in college, though we usually went with the Eureka Pizza due to their "buy one get two free" deal, which was wonderful for college kids. Anyway, Meron and I decided it'd be a great place to try out. So we put in our order tonight and after softball, I went and picked it up.

I knew something was strange when there were two small boxes and one big box. Meron had ordered two pizzas and an order of cinnamon sticks. I just guessed that they put the cinnamon sticks in a big box and left it at that, especially since I'd had to wait for a bit for the pizzas.

When I got home, Meron opened them up. She doesn't eat red meat so she had ordered extra cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms while I had ordered a supreme. Turned out the boxes were a small supreme, an order of cinnamon sticks, and a medium supreme. Of course, that didn't sit well with her and she called to complain. The guy was very nice and said they'd fix the order if we wanted to come back down and get it.

Leaving those three boxes there, I went to pick up the other. I figured it'd just be Meron's pizza. Turns out they remade the whole order! Along with that, I believe they charged back our credit card at least part of the order, though I'm not sure about that. So now we have four pizzas and two orders of cinnamon sticks! Needless to say, we'll be eating pizza for a while, but also that Jim's is keeping us as a customer, at least for a while. That was some very good customer service, even if I have no idea where to put all of this food! (If you are in the area and like supreme pizza, come on over!)

Won a forfeit tonight in softball, so my lineup didn't even get used. The other team thought the game was at 8 instead of 7. Last I knew they were calling the commissioner to see if they could get the game rescheduled, but he had talked to us before the team came and said it had been posted and gave us the option of rescheduling or taking the forfeit. Being as wins aren't easy for us to come by, I took the forfeit! We then practiced a while since we had the field. I wound up taking a ground ball off the ankle while taking fielding practice at second, and it's already starting to bruise up. Hopefully it won't be painful.

Busy night, and I'm stuffed full of food. Sounds like it's sleep time! (If Sarah will let us, that is!)

2 comments:

lilibet said...

Glad to hear you had a good experience in the end with Jim's Razorback Pizza. Even though I haven't worked for them in nearly 20 years I still feel a little responsible, especially as much as Ken and I have be touting them since we found out they were coming to Russellville. I will say that the former Icehouse building has made for the nicest atmosphere of any of the the other JRP locations, it would have made a much better location for our rehearsal dinner, as opposed to the storefront location in Fayetteville.

Cardinal70 said...

The building is excellent. I love that a number of the booths have their own personal TV, so you can watch a game, show, etc. that isn't on the big screen. Look forward to Razorback football there--it should be a blast, the closest thing you can get to a sports bar in our dry county.