When the doctor came around this morning, Meron didn't quite feel ready to go. She blames it on the lack of getting her moving yesterday. When Benjamin was born, he came out mid-afternoon and they got her up the next morning. With Sarah, it was morning to morning, which gave her more time to stiffen up, etc. If leaving this evening would have been an option, I think she'd have taken that, but the extra night won't bother her any.
Sarah is starting to show a little jaundice, however. (Those that picked that in the YNOT may not take a guilt-free "yes!" Time's up.) I don't know if it'll get pronounced or if they'll have to do the lights with her or not. Probably depends on how she looks tomorrow. Other than that, mother and daughter are doing really well. Meron's getting around, eating solid food (including chocolate, cookies, etc. that she's been missing out on for 8 months!) and just basically preparing to be home.
Made it to the softball game tonight. My parents kept an eye on Benjamin (as did the rest of the cheering section!) Lots of kids there for him to play with, which was great. Plus the fact that we broke through and won a game! I wound up tripling--yes, you read that right, tripling--in a run then scoring afterwards. We led 6-3 in what would have been the bottom of the last inning, but they came back to tie it. Fortunately, our pitcher and one of the big sluggers smacked an inside-the-parker to put us back ahead. I then showed my range by following the triple with a dribbler down the line that stayed fair. So, with a 2 for 3, I'm now hitting a whopping .444 (4-9). (OK, the fact that the other team had 8 players may have played a factor in the win, but we did play much better than we have in the past!)
Meron and Sarah will be home tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll get lots of pictures then. We'll get them up as soon as possible!
stayin alive
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment