Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Homeward Bound

Assuming no changes in schedules, I'll be leaving out of here Friday morning at 11:00. After almost 9 weeks in rehab, I'll finally realize the goal I told all of them when I got here the first week, "to walk out of here."

Granted, it'll be with a walker, but I knew that coming in. They've given me the green light to walk around the unit without supervision, the leg strength and balance is coming along, and I can even do some stairs if there are handrails. So, all in all, it's time for me to head out.

So, just a couple more days here. I'll update more when I get home. I'm hoping to make it to the PPT game Friday night, but we might have to ease into that.

7 comments:

Oberkfell3B said...

Great news! Here's to a smooth transition, and continued improvement!!!

Hera said...

WOO-HOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great, C!

Very happy to read your news!

BrewCards said...

Outstanding!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Look forward to more frequent posts on CCH!

Deb said...

Fabulous news! I'll drink to that! Well, I'll drink to anything... :)

Anonymous said...

You know you'll be at the PPT. Wild Horses couldn't keep you away!
Papa