
I sent out an e-mail today to most of my friends, letting them know about this blog (I've not made a big announcement because 1) it didn't seem to warrent it and 2) I wanted to see if I would keep it up fairly regularly) and using the hook of a picture of Benjamin. Then I got over here and realized that the picture I used a few days ago is a little farther down the page, so I didn't want them not to see a picture and leave in a huff. So everyone gets blessed with another recent picture of my son. We are borrowing my parents' digital this weekend, so if any of those turn out to be keepers, I'll post another soon.
Cards go to Washington today for the first time since 1899. That's a long time between series! It'll be interesting to see RFK Stadium. I don't think I've watched any Nationals home games this year, so I'm not sure what it looks like. Washington is in a tight race with four other teams for the NL Wild Card, so I'm guessing there will be some good baseball played this weekend. The Nats are throwing a rookie tonight or tomorrow (I can't remember which) and the Cards always have trouble with pitchers they haven't seen before, especially lefties. We'll see if that holds true.
My lawnmower is now fixed and I picked it up today at lunch. Turned out it was just the flywheel and it didn't cost all that much to fix. Of course, that means I'll have to get up early tomorrow and get my back yard mowed. It's nuts that I have to get up and out by 7:00 AM to have the temperatures below 85. We are supposed to get rain tonight, as well, which means it will be even harder to mow. I'm going to do my best not to talk myself out of doing this, but I doubt many will be surprised if I don't succeed.
Meron's told me we are having nachos tonight. She makes a great plate of nachos, starting with the tortilla chips, spreading on the refried beans, then baking them. After that, we add the lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream--plenty of sour cream! Looking forward to dinner tonight!
For those of you new to the blog, feel free to dig through the archives. There's only about 25 days of posts, give or take a couple, and they should be fairly quick reads. Assuming you can stay awake to read them, of course!


2 comments:
Hey Daniel! You are not reading this alone! Even though I have no idea of what "blogging" is, it is good to hear from you and to see adorable pictures of Benjamin! Can we really be 30?! It seems like yesterday that we were all in college enjoying our early 20's! Where has the time gone? Next time we are home I will try to hook up with y'all. We always mean to, but we just get so busy. Jeez, Russellville sure has changed! Keep in touch and take care! I have go to go chase my own little one down! See ya!
Great to hear from you, Becca! Hope that Kaylee isn't running you too ragged!
Post a Comment