Sorry for the delay. Between CPE and other things, I didn't get much of a chance to write an entry. And there wasn't just that much to say.
Never stopped you before, windbag!
Isn't it sad when you get heckled in your own blog? Ah, well, moving on.....
At the CardsClubhouse site, I was made a Co-Admin back a few months ago. Today, I got a couple of new bells and whistles to play with. I found the word censor and replaced all the #### with various phrases. So now if someone says the word for solid waste, that's what will show up--"solid waste". Should be a little more fun and at least make people think about what the word was than almost blatenly show it. (Any of you that are reading from CCH, go ahead, try it out!)
Benjamin is trying new foods almost daily now. Meron called just a bit ago to say that he seems to like tuna, which is pretty much a necessity in our household. I was raised eating tuna. In fact, if I go visit my grandmother, she still will make tuna sandwiches and have strawberries and angel food cake. I didn't have much of a eating variety when I was growing up (by my own pickiness) and Grandma knew what I liked. Still does, since that is one good meal right there!
Cards weren't able to finish off the sweep of Arizona last night, but 1) they won two of three, which is always good and 2) Chris Carpenter goes tonight, so the losing streak should be short-lived. But it's baseball--you never know just what can happen! It's nice being 12 up on Houston, though, especially as it appears more and more likely Scott Rolen will have season-ending shoulder surgery. Whether we'll miss that bat in the postseason is to be determined.
Cards and Giants tonight, as Mike Matheny comes back to St. Louis for the first time since leaving as a free agent. He will get one heck of a standing ovation, I'm sure! Matheny was a good player while he was here, but I'm glad that the Cards have let Molina take the starting job. Yadier returned last night, the first of the injury brigade to do so. Hopefully Walker and Sanders won't be too far behind.
stayin alive
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment