Friday, August 15, 2008

The Ohio Trip IV: Meigs County

Wow, I've really got to get back into this blogging habit. Between Facebook and my Cardinal blog, this tends to slide down the list.

Where were we? Oh, yes, vacation at Meron's parents. The Monday we were there, besides the usual run between places to see everyone, we had a get-together that night to see her family. Most of the rest of that trip consisted of seeing her mom, seeing her dad during the afternoon, eating dinner, going out to her dad's after closed the shop, etc. We do a lot of running around in Meigs County!

We also spent Wednesday at the park visiting with one of Meron's high school friends and her kids. Benjamin and Sarah really enjoyed that a lot.

So, some pictures from this stretch, with explanations afterwards:

We spent part of Tuesday visiting Meron's grandmother and her aunt that was in visiting as well. That was actually the only day the kids weren't on their best behavior. I don't know exactly what it was, though I think in Benjamin's case, he was also a little thrown by the fact that her aunt's son is mentally handicapped and he's older than Meron. Being that Benjamin's not been around that much, it was probably just another stressor in a situation that had plenty of them.

One afternoon in the back of Grandpa's store, Sarah was fussing around. Grandpa thought it'd be a good idea (and might get him enough brownie points to allow him to hold her!) to give her a bag of cheese curls. This went over well enough that another bag had to be brought out. (To be fair, she was sharing with the whole family.) Still didn't work the way Grandpa wanted, though.


When I said sharing, I meant sharing! Of course, it'd be the only day I wore a white shirt.

They didn't have any baby swings at the park, so for Sarah to get any swinging in, someone had to hold her. Since Meron was doing a lot of conversing, this fell to me. I wasn't complaining!

The kids really enjoyed playing on all the playground equipment. Going down a slide at the same time was a wonderful treat!

The night before we left, we took Meron's mom and grandma over to Bob Evans across the bridge in West Virginia. Here you can see grandma and grandson coloring the provided kids menu.

Really, though we had an enjoyable time in that part of Ohio, there wasn't much more to say. I'll wrap it up with pictures of the family trip to the Columbus Zoo in the last entry.

No comments: