Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Ohio Trip III: Sunday's Activities


View Larger Map

Just a handy-dandy reference map for when I start tossing out Ohio places. Click on the blue button to get a description of the area.

Anyway, Sunday morning we went over and went to church with Meron's mother. I was pretty surprised at how well the kids behaved. I think Sarah fell asleep while Benjamin colored some pictures. We then went over to a lunch get-together with Meron's dad and stepmother, aunt and cousin. Of course, that was more for them to see the kids than to see us. We stayed there for a bit before getting a nice group shot and moving on.

(From left to right, Benjamin, Mike (Meron's dad), Joan (Meron's aunt), Sarah, Meron, Peggy (Meron's stepmother), Jeanie (Meron's cousin))

We then went across the river and state line to the Wal-Mart in West Virginia to stock up on some things. Since Mike and Peggy went with us, the kids were able to each get a new toy, which is not surprising at all. (Benjamin picked out another set of Galactic Heroes, again, not a shock.)

After that, we spent some time at Barry and Toni's, enjoying the cooler weather (after the rain went through, it was probably low 70s) and getting grandpa and grandson some time at the tee.

After that, we had dinner and then went over to Mike's store later on. It was a full day with that side of the family, but since it was Grandpa's only day off while we were there, it made sense to see him as much as possible.

That's enough for tonight--hopefully I can get back to it before the week is out and show you more. I'm uploading the whole set to Facebook as well, assuming my computer will let me tonight.

No comments: