Thursday, December 13, 2007

December at the Shoptaws

Since we are in the process of getting our Christmas cards out, and since I wrote a Christmas newsletter for I think the first time, and since I mentioned my blog in it, well, it only made sense to get some new content up over here.

This month has been fairly busy for us. The biggest thing was that Meron's mom just visited for a few days. We went down to Little Rock and picked her up from the airport Saturday evening and took her back earlier today. Everyone had a great time, even if we didn't do a lot since there was a lot of rain while she was here. She got to see the kids, which was of course the point. Her birthday was Tuesday, so we spent that evening having Christmas. Watching Benjamin (and, to some extent, Sarah) opening the presents and having a good time was probably the highlight of the trip.

Us picking her up last Saturday was a little ironic. Because, ten years ago on December 8, I went to the airport to pick up Meron on her first visit to Arkansas. A lot has changed since we first met each other, since we were heading down there with two kids and almost eight years of marriage with us. (Ironically, two years ago on the 8th, the first symptoms of GBS started. Heck of a day, huh?)

Benjamin and Sarah went to see Santa last night at our church. I've not seen the pictures, but apparently Benjamin did much better than he did last year. Our friend Richard, who does a great Santa as well, is going to come by the house next Tuesday in full gear to see him and he's pretty excited about that. We'll see how that works out.

Sarah is starting to sprout her first tooth on her bottom gum. You can feel the sharpness of it, even though it's not poked completely out. She's also able to scoot and get around a little on the floor now, though she's not crawling. She did get up on her hands and knees once, though.

This weekend is the big PPT Shootout. This is the third year for it and, while my success rate is low, I'm hoping it beats 2005 and 2006. I'd really like to finish higher than seventh, though anything under fourth pays the same ($0.00).

We are having a big open house on the 23rd, which means that sometime in the next couple of weeks, I have to find time to clean the house. I'm not sure when that will be, since the day before will be Christmas at my grandmother's, but I'm sure it'll get done. Also, Meron and I will have been married for 8 years on the 18th. Where the time goes, neither of us knows.

More as things happen, but for now, have a great holiday season!

2 comments:

BrewCards said...

Merry Christmas Shoptaws!!

Cardinal70 said...

Back at you, Brew! The Christmas card should be in the mail in the next few days!