Monday, December 19, 2005

Poker, Parties and So Much More

A fairly full weekend to recap, so here goes:

You've, of course, been waiting with bated breath to know how the PPT Shootout went down. First of all, I've got to say, great work by Ken, Jon and Russell to get it all set up and organized. We had a great time, a wonderful meal in the middle of it, and all in all were glad we did it. From the pre-game plaque awarding to the bounties to the Financial Backer plaque, all the details were thought out and added immensely to the experience.

The poker, on the other hand.... Actually, though I Borged it (finished 7 of 9), I felt I played pretty well. Got pocket aces three times on the night, including the very first hand. I could have slow played the last couple, but decided not to risk it. They actually came in back to back hands, so I went all in on both of them. The hand after was a nice one as well (King-Queen suited, I believe), but after that things started to go downhill. I chased at least one hand that I knew I shouldn't have, and that really cost me. I was hoping to make it to fifth (since we paid all the way down to that) and late in the game I had a good stack of chips and it looked possible. But it wasn't long before the chips were gone and I was gone as well. Still, a great time and I'm looking forward to next year's Shootout. Hopefully I'll go into it with a few more wins in 2006.

Our next game is actually December 30, and my good friend Shively is planning on attending with me. He's played some internet poker but hasn't had the live game experience. Going to the Shed is an experience, if nothing else!

Friday night was the office party, which went well. Benjamin had the run of the place since it was at Grandma's, and he and Tyson (the other baby of the office, who's about two months older than him) were pretty much the center of attention. I think Benjamin's getting used to that, though. He's going to be so spoiled when he grows up. Just like his mother.

We really didn't figure we were going to get to do anything for our 6th anniversary, which was yesterday. All the people we asked to watch Benjamin were busy doing other things, out of town, etc. That's the way it gets this time of year, of course.

However, our church was getting a group together to see The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and our friend Beth (PPT founder Ken's wife) was watching the kids at the church. She said if we wanted, she'd take Benjamin home with her so we could go out to eat afterwards. So we watched the movie, then tried to go to the new Brick Oven Pizza place in town, but it was packed, as normal. It's been open just three weeks and it doesn't have much room anyway, but the parking lot was full and so we went on to Pizza Hut for our meal. In fact, that'll probably be lunch today as well!

Heading back to a different doctor today. The wrist is still numb, but the thumb and a couple of fingers on the right hand as well as both of my big toes are consistantly tingling like they are waking up from being asleep, and my leg has been bothering me so much in the calf area that I've been limping around for about a week now. Hopefully this new doctor will have a few answers for me. We'll see.

Short week this week as we get Friday off. We're going to my Grandma's that day to get together with my mom's family. It should be a lot of fun, if a long day (she lives around 3 hours from here). And we still are working toward the Christmas Eve Open House at our place. Most of the house looks fairly presentable, but there are still things to do and Meron has a ton of cookies to make. I'm taking off Thursday as well, I think, so that I can help her prepare.

Hope you have a great week as you get ready for Christmas also!

2 comments:

Cardinal70 said...

I'd hate to see the odds on that happening, but it did happen!

BrewCards said...

I fold.