So now that we know what we are having, we have to decide what to call it. Right now, the leader in the clubhouse is “Whatshername”. It’s got a nice ring to it, it’s unique, and it’d always be remembered.
OK, maybe not so much. There are a couple of names floating around, but we’ve not settled on any. We think we know the middle name, but that’s subject to change as well if we can’t find something to go with it. We’re looking for something that’s fairly interesting (while not really unique), something that hopefully won’t be automatically shortened, and, of course, it has to pass the “yell test.” If you can’t yell it, then the kid is going to be able to get away with way too much.
I’ve got one that I’m kinda partial to, but one of Meron’s friends had indicated a couple of years back that they might use that if they had a girl, so Meron doesn’t want to “steal” the name. She’s got one that she likes, but while it’s a nice name, I’m not sure if it’s “the” name. At least we have until May to figure it out!
Meron and I were able to get away to Little Rock last weekend, which might have been nicer if it hadn’t rained basically the entire time we were down there. Still, we got to try out a couple of local restaurants (Bruno’s and Shorty Small’s) and do a little shopping, while staying in a hotel meant we could sleep in some without a little one waking us up. (At least, that was the idea. The mattresses, however, were weren’t all that comfortable. I woke up with my back all sore and knotted.)
And the bookstore at the Park Plaza mall was going out of business, so they were having a sale. “Book sale” are two magical words in my lexicon. One of my major mottos in life is “Happiness is a pile of unread books.” So now I’m pretty happy, having four or five books sitting waiting to be read. Plus I was able to pick up an early rotisserie baseball magazine during the trip, so that was a great bonus.
Our extended hours have started at work, so we’re staying until 6 and coming in on the weekend for 3-4 hours. All part of the job, of course, but it really puts a damper on the weekend. Hope yours is better!
stayin alive
12 years ago


4 comments:
Ouch with the sore back. I feel your pain.
And fantasy baseball magazine !?!?! I thought you were a man who made his own draft sheets.
Well, sure, but I do like to grab the mags to make sure I don't forget anyone.
I've got the perfect name. Addison Wrigley.
And curse the kid from the get-go? I don't think so! :D
Post a Comment