So let's make it up to you the best way I know how:

Benjamin had some great Christmas shots this year. One of which made our Christmas cards. We couldn't afford to get photo cards for everyone, so if you didn't get one, don't worry. If we can't get a picture to you, I'll put it up here in a few days.
Things here are pretty routine. Benjamin is healthy and Meron is as well, which of course means it's my turn to go to the doctor. I've got a numbness in my wrist area (and some other strange things, which probably aren't related) that my friend Jennifer (who is a nurse) and my wife (who isn't) say is likely carpal tunnel syndrome. Hopefully the likely treatment of a splint won't keep me from my internet rounds. I know that they might hold a party in the Clubhouse if I didn't show up for a while, and I'd hate to see those mods get out of control. Though maybe I can file a worker's compensation claim with Clubhouse owner Roark.....
We got the Dickens' Villages up last night. Since I tend to have less than stellar success with moving these things (let's just say Meron's gotten pretty good with Krazy Glue) and my numbness in my arm, Meron did most of the work moving them around and getting them set up. They look pretty good, if I do say so myself. A couple of them didn't get out this year, but that's to be expected with a one-year-old running around. We made sure not to plug in the ones on the mantle, since one well-placed tug on the extension cord and five houses would be wiped out!
Lots of buzz around the poker group about this weekend's Shootout. Apparently the new twist is that there are going to be bounties put on the heads of a few players. I'm guessing (since I've never really seen how this works) that if you put Player X out, you get X number of bonus chips. Which could really come in handy if you are running low. Should add a little extra excitement to the all-day event. I think all of us are pumped up for a day-long poker marathon. Who knows how many smart aleck remarks and withering insults will be thrown around. I'm guessing 10,000, and that's just at Ben and Joe.
Went to an open house at our church's parsonage today. The last time I was there, it was this summer and we were removing an old tub during our change in pastors. A lot of people spent a lot of hours working on getting that house into shape, because it had been at least 10-12 years since any big work was done on it. After that, Blake and Kerri did a wonderful job with decorating and arranging. The house looks lovely and really reflects the current tenants.
Guess I'll wrap it up now. Hope the picture of Benjamin helps mollify any that may be perturbed at my slacking!


No comments:
Post a Comment