You may have noticed there haven't been a lot of entries lately. After a fairly nice weekend, I've spent this week in Sheridan on a bank audit, except for yesterday, which was spent in Little Rock at more CPE. That's why you are getting this short one at 7:00 in the morning--I wanted to write something before another long trip down to the bank.
Really not just a ton to write, though. My front yard got mowed on Friday, and the back yard will probably get it Saturday. The temps are dropping today and are supposed to stay in the upper 60s for a few days, which will be a nice change from the mid- to upper-80s that we've been having. It's October, darn it! When playoff baseball is on, I need that nip in the air!
Cards won Game 1 of the NLDS. For the Padres to have a chance, in my opinion, they had to win the games Jake Peavy pitched. Peavy is head and shoulders above all of the other starters they have. Not that their other starters can't shut the Cardinals down on a given day, but Peavy is in the top 10 in the league. So when he lost Game 1 and broke a rib in the process, it lengthened the odds for the Pads considerably. He says he might pitch in Game 4, but 1) I can't imagine he'd be that effective with a broken rib and 2) there may not be a Game 4, as the Cards could sweep this best-of-five series. Game 2 is this afternoon, so hopefully I can catch most of it on the radio on my way back home.
After taking a hiatus, Benjamin is back to walking more. Of course, he still won't do it in public. He had a captive audience last Friday as our group from church went over to our friends Bobby and Elizabeth's house. He was crawling, making faces, clapping, and generally getting oohed and aahed over, but he still wouldn't take more than maybe a step. Tried him at church last night as well, but still no dice.
Going to go. I don't have my mouse hooked up to my laptop (left it down at the bank) and I keep hitting the touchpad on here, which absolutely drives me crazy. Hopefully I can catch up some more this weekend.
stayin alive
12 years ago


1 comment:
Atta kid Benjamin!
Watchout C, pretty soon you're going to be wishing he was still immobile. ;)
Post a Comment