OK, it wasn't Jeopardy, it was poker. And I didn't actually win, I came in second. But dadgumit, I took home money (probably more than I ever have from The Shed) and I'm going to call it a win in my book.
Not a whole lot stands out, just made some calls that panned out. The biggest hand I remember was around the middle of the game, I looked down at pocket aces. I bet pretty big and figured I'd probably wind up running everyone out. However, I wound up with one caller.
Flop comes nothing, so I bet big again. Hesitation, but another call. Same on the turn and river. I turn over my aces to the consternation of Steve, who had kings. Apparently, he's not played enough with Ken to know how dangerous kings are at The Shed.
The only other one that stands out was against Kevin, who pushed all in. I called him, even though he had more than I did, because I had a pair of queens, I believe. Unfortunately for my Canadian friend, he just had king high.
It was a good night all in all. Biggest crowd ever with 15, which made me making the money even more remarkable, since I usually just do well in small games.
On an unrelated note, Benjamin's first tee-ball practice is tomorrow. Don't be surprised if you get a blog entry on that one as well!
stayin alive
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment