Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving and Some News

We'll give you the news first off, in case you start reading this and fall asleep halfway through. (It's possible--I did while writing it.) Meron and I are expecting our second child next spring. The due date is June 1, but they've already decided on a caesarean, since that's the way Benjamin was delivered, so it'll likely be a week or so before the due date.

We actually plan to find out this time the gender of the child. We didn't with Benjamin, but right before we confirmed that Meron was pregnant, I had this strong feeling that 1) she was and 2) it was a girl. So to make sure we are in the right mindset before the baby comes, we'll find out what it is. If it's a boy, it'll be Joseph Christian. If it's a girl, well, the girl names aren't coming quite as easily, at least not ones we can both agree on.

So now that that is out of the way.....Thanksgiving weekend has been going pretty well. The big day itself was spent with my parents and some of my mom's family out at their house. We ate, Benjamin and I took a nap, all was good. Then Benjamin stayed with my parents that night and went with them on Friday to take my grandmother back home, so Meron and I had a little peace and quiet. I think Friday may have been the first day I've slept in since before I went into the hospital!

Then I got to hang out with my high school friends on Friday, which was great. A group of us (Andy, Shively, Chad, Tim and I, if you know who they are) watched the Hogs and LSU at Andy's parents' house. They had a large projection screen TV (116" diagonal, I believe his dad said) and it was a good game to watch. Would have been a great one if the Hogs had pulled it out.

Last night, we had a poker tourney, as most of the guys above (not Andy, then add Foshee) played out at the PPT shed. Ken, the owner of the shed, and Russell, the owner of the chips, played with us. I finished next to last as A-K suited, something that beat me in the last PPT game, didn't hold up this time. Can't say I was shocked.

After helping Meron with the six boxes of Tastefully Simple product that had come in from her large party that she had to sort, label and bag, I went out with the guys to one of the truck stop restaurants. We were out there until 2 in the morning, just talking general stuff. They got me started on the baseball leagues, and I love to talk me some baseball! Made it a bit painful when Benjamin woke me up at 7 this morning, but it was worth it.

Now I'm about to go prepare stuff for Bob and Wendy's reception. Should be another good time. Hope your weekend has been just as good!

3 comments:

Oberkfell3B said...

Many blessings to you and Meron!! Hope all goes well.

Cardinal70 said...

Thanks, Obie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Go C and Meron!