Friday, November 10, 2006

More Benjamin and Other Stuff

OK, the birthday post was a little long for other Benjamin neat stuff, and most people know I can talk about him all day. So we'll start another one, and see if we can work in some non-son stuff as well.

This is him in my World Series championship hat. I got that and a shirt earlier in the week, and he seemed to enjoy having the hat. It's called training him right. He knows a lot of the teams around MLB, including which one is mommy's (the Indians), Grandpa Mike's (Reds), Uncle Nathan's (Rangers), and of course, daddy's. He'll also say the Cardinals when you ask him his team.

He is also finally getting the whole bit of Wooo Pig Sooie down. He loves to do that, to say Razorbacks, and now also throws in a Go Hogs! It drives his Yankee mother to distraction, I do believe. Not that I encourage him or anything.....

Spent earlier this week at a technology conference for CPAs. It was great learning tips for using the current stuff we have plus the new stuff that's out there and is interesting and cool. The instructor for most of it was a CPA out of Knoxville named Brian Tankersley. (He was often talking about the Google rankings with hits and links, so we'll give him one.) He was really good and realized that he was in potentially hostile territory with the big Arkansas/Tennessee game this weekend!

The two things that I thought were the neatest were a digital pen and the U3 drives. The pen, when used on special paper, has a camera inside that continually takes pictures. Then you dock it with your computer, and everything you wrote shows up in your hand writing on the screen. Great for paperless audit stuff, especially since my dad is still a big paper-and-pencil guy. The U3 drive allows you to run some applications directly from the drive, leaving no traces on the actual computer. You could run Firefox off of it, even if the computer you were on didn't have Firefox installed. Really neat, and it's also a thumb drive, which means it's going on the Christmas list.

Meron had some great Tastefully Simple parties lately, always getting bigger. She had one last night for close to 30 people and sold close to $1100 in product, which is just amazing, really. And she has another one on Sunday, plus people at each of these parties that are interested in having one. Hopefully this is really taking off. She has to stay in it, if only so I can keep my Twisty Grahams supply!

All right, I better wrap this up. Benjamin's birthday party is tomorrow, so we ought to get some rest. I'll try to update with party pictures this weekend if any turn out well!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Too cute! Love the b-day pics as well!