You'll note to the side that we had a church softball game last night. However, I don't know how we did. I'm sure I'll find out tonight, but I wasn't able to make it because we had a little bit of a medical scare with Sarah.
On my way home from work last night, Meron calls to see where I am, since she was covered with vomit. Turns out that Sarah had been outside with everyone and fallen asleep in her swing, which she's been known to do. When Meron got her back inside, she gave her a snack of peanut butter and noticed that her eyes were splotchy. This has happened before when she's been outside--we think there is something that she's allergic to out there--and Meron gave her some Benedryl, since that's what the doctor told us to do after the first time it happened.
However, soon after the medicine, she threw up. And the red splotches covered her chest and back. We waited for the medicine to take effect, but it didn't seem to be doing much. She sat down to dinner, but was scratching so much she couldn't eat. Between that and the fact that the rash/bumps seemed to be getting worse, Meron went and took her to the emergency room while I stayed home with Benjamin.
After a couple of hours down at the hospital (which, really wasn't that bad when you compare how long it could have taken), the doctors were pretty much convinced that she has an allergy to peanut butter, at least. That was her first time to have it. They suggested going to an allergist in Little Rock to be sure, but I think we'll wait on anything like that until she has her well-baby visit in a little over a week with her pediatrician. Hopefully it won't be one of those severe, can't-have-peanuts-in-the-room type, though. Benjamin often seems to subsist on peanut butter and jelly.
Anyway, game tonight, I'll give details sometime soon.
stayin alive
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment