
Well, they would be if this darn work thing didn't keep getting in the way. Other than that daily routine, there's really not much going on around here. Just trying to stay cool, so the rain today was a welcome sight. It'd been more welcome if it meant some cooler temperatures, but it's supposed to be back up to 97 tomorrow, which will make for a wonderful, stay-inside-or-fry type of weekend.
Yes, Benjamin owns clothes that aren't Cardinal related. I figure since the Rangers are an AL team, he's safe with that. It's not like I'll put him in Cubbie blue! I'd never cause my child to go through that kind of pain and misery. (Though he would become an engineer after that, apparently, right Ken and Jason?)
Actually, I figure tonight's poker game will be pretty bad on me, what with the Cards losing to the Cubs last night and getting beat again at the moment. Still, it's hard to really take the taunts of a team that's 18 games back seriously, you know what I'm saying?
Ken says he has a targeted play for me, which means I'll probably overanalyze everything and go out first. I'd say that's what he was aiming for, but if you've seen the PPT point standings, you know I'm not exactly what they call a threat. So we'll see if the situation comes up and see how badly I can blow it. 'Course, the last few times I've gone Ken and I have started out on separate tables, so it may be a moo point anyway. (Yeah, a moo point. It's like a cow's opinion. It's moo.)
The new rotisserie league is going well. Looks like we'll probably stick to the United Rotisserie League name, which is fine with me. I've got 8 teams in, which is a good number. Five of them have gone ahead and put names down and four have logos, so we are really making progress. You can check out the league home page if you are interested in seeing what's going on, or you can check out my Arkansas Cardinals at their own team blog.
It's the run of birthdays coming up, as my dad's is next Monday and mine is Wednesday. This will be the first year ever I've had to work on my birthday. Stupid hospital stay! I don't figure we're going to do any big thing for it, and it's definitely causing me a lot less thinking than last year's did.
Have a great weekend, everyone!


1 comment:
I saw that pic and I thought they spelled "Tatis" wrong. I guess a Rangers T-shirt is ok as long as he doesn't get to comfortable in it.
Oh, I love the moo point reference!
Post a Comment