Another Thanksgiving come and gone. Where does the time go? It was another good one, with our traditional lunch at my parents’ house. My grandmother, uncle, step-aunt, three cousins and my brother were all there, so it was a fairly full house. We’ve been fairly blessed that most every Thanksgiving and Christmas that side of the family (my mom’s side) have been able to gather together. In fact, Meron and I miss the most Christmases, usually because we’ve gone to Ohio.
And Thanksgiving weekend always means getting together with my friends. We’ve not done as many large-scale events the last couple of years as we did in the past, and apparently the touch/flag football game is now just a memory. But we still get together some. A few of us watched the Razorback/LSU game yesterday. We all figured we’d only need to watch the first half, as LSU should have just stomped all over them. The Hogs, though, played them extremely close, and if only one of a few things had been different (hit one of the two missed field goals, get the two point conversion, not allow the safety) they may have knocked off the #3 Tigers instead of losing 19-17. Arkansas played very well the last few games, and being a young team that gives some hope for next year.
We’re also going to play a little basketball today. I’ve not played in probably 3 years, so this could be real interesting. As long as they give me enough room to lose any lunch I eat, I should be fine.
Tried to do some (wait for it) yard work this morning. It needed a last trimming before I got the Christmas lights out and started work on that. First off, though, I had to get into my mowing pants. I’ve worn shorts most of the year to do the little yard work I do, but the temps were lower today so I thought I’d try to get into them.
I believe I wrenched my back trying to get into them. I’m not saying they were tight, I’m saying I expected someone to say “Where are you going in those things, 1982?” Somehow I got into them and still could breathe. That counts as major progress and probably should have stopped there.
Actually, I got the yard mowed, but what I really needed to do was weedeat, and of course the weedeater wouldn’t start. I started pulling them by hand but when the fingers started splitting apart, I gave up. I’ll either try the weedeater tomorrow, borrow someone else’s, or wear some gloves before I get out and pull more weeds.
Meron is finally turning the health corner, I think. Thanksgiving wasn’t great for her, but she kept down everything yesterday and felt good enough for cheesesticks from Pizza Hut. You know she’s doing better when she wants pizza and related items. Benjamin sounds like he might have a little cold, but nothing like he’s had in the past, so for the moment, the family is pretty healthy. Always something to be thankful for!
stayin alive
12 years ago


1 comment:
“Where are you going in those things, 1982?”
Only you if build a TV cabinet big enough for a man to fit in. ;)
Post a Comment